Genealogy Roundtable (GENRT)
The Genealogy Roundtable provides a forum serving the interests of genealogists and of librarians whose work is in, or related to, the field of genealogy. Its objective is to train and assist librarians who provide service to genealogists.
The webinar on DNA held by Julie Stoddard in March 2022 is now available on ULA’s YouTube channel. If you want the handout that contains the slides of the presentation, you need to contact Julie directly. Her email is stated in the presentation on marker 52:30 through 56:10.
We had a great virtual ULA Conference! The sessions will be available for a year including two GENRT featured sessions:
- “Family and Local History Treasures in Utah’s Academic Libraries,” on Friday, May 21st, 2021 at 1:30 PM. It will feature academic librarians from across the state discussing their family and local history related collections.
- “FamilySearch Digital Library: Touching Hearts Worldwide,” on Friday, May 21st, 2021 at 10:00 AM.
Past Meetings and Webinars
- Kevan Hansen presented “Map Guide to German Parish Registers: Its Creation, Development, and Benefits for German Genealogy” on Monday, February 8,2021 in this webinar. Passcode: [email protected]#.NV
- Jonathan Webb Deiss presented on the organization Reclaim the Records in this webinar from September 28, 2020.
Free Archived Webinar Series for Genealogy Librarians
This was a free series of 12 webinars specifically for Genealogy Librarians.
Join the Genealogy Roundtable
1. Login to your Wild Apricot account.
2. Click on the person icon in the top right hand corner to view your profile.
3. Click on the “Edit profile” button.
4. Under the “Roundtables” section, check the box next to “GENRT- Genealogy Roundtable.”
5. Click “Save.”
Interim Associate Dean, Collections and Scholarly Communication
University of Utah Library
Member at Large
Member at Large
|Join us on Facebook|
ULA 2020 Cancelled
GENRT Activities at ULA 2019
At the ULA 2019 Annual Conference GENRT participated in these activities:
Webinar on Library of Congress Resources
GENRT sponsored the webinar “Hidden Genealogical Treasures in the Library of Congress” on September 7, 2017.