- Serve the professional development and educational needs of its members.
- Provide leadership and direction.
- Develop and improve library and information services in the state.
- Promote library services and librarianship in all types of libraries in the state of Utah.
- Provide opportunities for professional involvement of all persons engaged in any phase of librarianship within the state.
- Assist in setting standards and principles for libraries in the state.
- Provide continuing education programs for Utah librarians and library employees.
Executive Board and Appointed Board Members