The purposes of the Library Paraprofessional and Support Staff Round Table are to:
- provide representation in the Utah Library Association for paraprofessionals and support staff working in Utah Libraries
- foster interaction between professional and paraprofessional librarians in discussion forums and mentoring programs
- provide a forum for discussion about the future of paraprofessionals and support staff in Utah Libraries
Come to our 2013 ULA Conference Program: Details soon!
ULA Conference: May 1 – 3, 2013, at the Utah Valley Convention Center
What is LPSSRT?
The Library Paraprofessional and Support Staff Round Table is for library employees who work in Staff positions (i.e. support staff, paraprofessionals, library technicians, library assistants, library associates, para-librarians, clerks). This group offers a forum to air concerns and share ideas for greater cooperation between Librarians and Staff members, to offer training and professional development support to library staff, and to assist other staff workers in their efforts to improve the library they work in.
Who can join?
How do I join? And what do I do to participate?
When you’re joining ULA, simply check the LPSSRT box. This will allow the LPSSRT leaders to use your email address to contact you with news and upcoming LPSSRT events. Please contact a member of the board with any ideas or concerns—even complaints—that you have. Also, be sure to join us on Thursday morning, April 26 at 8:00 am at the ULA conference in the Salt Palace for the LPSSRT Business Meeting.
Who can I contact with questions, concerns, or ideas for discussion?
Natalie Gregory, Patron Technology Librarian
Adult/Teen Program Librarian
Uintah County Library, Uintah County Library
204 East 100 North
Vernal, UT 84078
Work Phone: 435-789-0091
Library Clerk I
Summit County Library System, Summit County
670 E Chalk Creek Rd
Coalville, UT 84017
Work Phone: 435 336-3900
Harold B. Lee Library, Brigham Young University
Work Phone: 801-422-9191
Allene Dotson (Salt Lake City Public Library)
- Amy Birks, Chair (email@example.com) UofU, Eccles Library
- Melinda Barlow, Vice-chair/Chair-elect (firstname.lastname@example.org) Uintah County
- Darlene Marsh, Secretary (email@example.com) Summit County Library System
- Linda Liebhardt, Member-at-large (firstname.lastname@example.org) SUU
- Erika Church, Member-at-large (email@example.com) UofU, Marriott Library
- Linda Bethers, Member-at-large (BethL214@yahoo.com) Pleasant Grove City, Sego Lily Elementary
- Sherrie Mortensen, Member-at-large (firstname.lastname@example.org), Logan Library
- Nancy Haight, Chair (email@example.com) BYU