If you would like to post a position in your institution, please email a copy of the job description to the Webmaster. Help keep our postings up to date! As soon as the position has been filled, please send another email to the same address to remove the posting.
- Salt Lake City Public Library
- Salt Lake County Library System
- Weber County Library System
- University Personnel for University of Utah
Utah Library Association Executive Director
The Executive Director of the Utah Library Association (ULA) is the primary paid officer and representative of ULA leadership. They are essential in transferring the institutional knowledge of ULA functions to an annually rotating volunteer leadership. They have a moral and fiduciary responsibility to advance the interests and mission of ULA and its members. Primary areas of management include the ULA web presence, membership database, collaboration with and completion of assignments from the Board of Directors and continuing education officers, and advocacy of ULA, libraries, and librarians. The Executive Director reports to the ULA Executive Committee and is subject to an annual review prior to reappointment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves ex-officio as a non-voting member of the Board of Directors and Executive Committee.
- Serves as a permanent member of the Advocacy and Membership Committees.
- Chairs the Web Committee and supports Social Media Managers serving on that committee.
- Maintains ULA membership records database, ensures renewal reminders are distributed, and processes memberships in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Develops and manages the ULA website, conference website, and electronic mailing lists.
- Ensures the website is functional, attractive, and user-friendly.
- Keeps content current and assists ULA officers in posting content.
- Builds and maintains relationships with state and local policymakers, officials, and boards in order to advocate on behalf of ULA, libraries, and librarians.
- Monitors legislative and other initiatives or activities relevant to ULA, and assists in disseminating this information.
- Collaborates with the Advocacy Committee to formulate, organize, and execute strategies for advocacy of ULA, libraries, and librarians.
- Assists in preparing the annual budget for the Board’s approval.
- Assists the President-Elect in reviewing and updating the triennial strategic plan.
- Works with the Nominating Committee to manage election processes, create and disseminate ballots, and tally votes.
- Updates and maintains manuals, bylaws, officer directories and similar documents in accordance with current ULA Bylaws, distributing them to all incoming officers and, where appropriate, all ULA members.
- Assists with additional projects under the direction of the Board of Directors.
- Assists with the onboarding of the newly elected President-Elect.
- Collaborates with the Historian on the preservation of ULA minutes, reports, and other pertinent artifacts.
- Subscribes to and follows the American Library Association Chapter Leaders listservs to keep aware of national trends and concerns.
- Attends pertinent ALA chapter leader training virtually and in-person when finances allow.
- Candidates should reside in Utah to more easily facilitate attendance at meetings and statewide advocacy efforts.
- Knowledge of WordPress or demonstrated experience updating web content through a Content Management System (CMS).
- Database maintenance experience, specifically Wild Apricot.
- Demonstrated commitment to libraries and librarianship, and to advocacy on their behalf.
- Degree in library science, public relations, communications, political science, management, or related field preferred.
- Evidence of experience in marketing, promotions, or advocacy.
- Evidence of experience in web design and maintenance.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative and collegial organization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
The Executive Director is an independent contractor and is responsible for their own benefits, taxes, and other recordkeeping. The annual salary is $14,400.00 with an estimated time commitment of 0.25 full time equivalency.
To apply please visit https://forms.gle/8vHW7enAz77UC1mP6
Application deadline 2/28/2021
The Department of Heritage & Arts is seeking a State Librarian. This individual is someone who can continue to grow a vibrant library system. The Utah State Library is looking for someone who is enthusiastic, visionary, and public service oriented with excellent management skills, traditional library skills, and the ability to effectively implement emerging technologies.
The State Librarian will:
Take responsibility for the library’s strategic plan.
Manage and oversee a budget over $8.5 million.
Oversee and manage grants.
Oversee a staff of 55 employees.
Partner with over 1,000 libraries across the state, including school, academic, public and special.
Implement technological innovations.
The Ideal Candidate
The best person for this position is someone who:
Has a Master’s Degree in Library Science.
Has a minimum of 5 years experience as a public librarian with supervisory and administrative experience.
Has demonstrated leadership and management experience.
To apply visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/utah/jobs/2955714/library-director-heritage-and-arts
Giovale Library, Westminster College
The Systems Librarian provides leadership, vision, and expertise related to library systems, technologies, software, and hardware that increase and enhance access to Westminster’s academic resources. Manages and supports the library’s suite of information systems. The Systems Librarian is also responsible for the development and maintenance of the Library’s web pages. This role supports student success by providing uninterrupted access to the library resources which students need for research and learning. For a complete description and to apply please visit the Westminster College Human Resources page: https://westminstercollege.peopleadmin.com/postings/980
This is entry-level professional library work. Work includes providing customer service; making recommendations for materials acquisition; performing reference work in general and/or specialty fields; and planning and delivering outreach and programs. Work may also include assigning and following up on the work of para-professional and clerical employees. For a complete description of the job posting and to apply, please visit the City of Omaha Website.
Applications Due On January 21, 2021