The Technical Services Round Table (TSRT) supports and promotes technical services activities such as cataloging, acquisitions, and serials in Utah libraries. The roundtable sponsors workshops & presentations to share the expertise of its members as well as bring in acknowledged experts in technical services-related areas from outside its membership. Objectives include disseminating information related to technical services to roundtable members, facilitating the exchange of ideas and experience, and fostering research and experimentation related to technical services.
TSRT Roundtable Officers in 2014/2015
- Jon Fackrell, Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
Members at Large:
- Erminia Chao, email@example.com
- Meredith McNett, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rebecca Schroeder, email@example.com
Goals for 2011/2012
- Create an online resource for sharing and archiving information about new technologies in technical services
- Provide opportunities for discussion of how to handle budget cuts in tech services
- Sponsor and coordinate at least two relevant programs for the 2012 ULA Annual Conference
- UALC Collaboration:
- Develop a list of best practices for achieving bibliographic control over e-book collections in Utah–one that is flexible enough for libraries of all types and sizes, while still providing adequate guidance.
- Coordinating the implementation of RDA in Utah. Some libraries have already begun, but will we all want be ready to get going by the time the national libraries begin? What will implementation mean and how can we help each other prepare? Are our systems ready for the change?