Organizations that provide outreach support:
- ALA’s Office for Literacy and Outreach Services
- PLA’s Community Engagement & Outreach
- Library Outreach (Utah State Library Division)
- National Library Outreach Day
- Association of Bookmobile and Outreach Services
- A Step by Step Guide to ‘Turning Outward’ in Your Community (American Library Association)
Thank you to those who participated in the Outreach Survey conducted in the Fall of 2014! We had 92 participants!
ULA Conference Presentations:
- What’s Next? How Your Library Can Work Shoulder-to-Shoulder with Your Community (Preconference). Adriane Herrick Juarez, Sam Passey, and Carrie Valdes.
- Quiero Ayudar Hablo un Poquito an Incentivized Staff Spanish Program. Carla Gordon and Joella Peterson. (Lessons uploaded)
- Building Creative Communities How Small and Rural Libraries Can Contribute To Economic Development and Civic Pride across Utah. Juan Tomás Lee Morales, Kerri Nakamura, Natalie Petersen and Roger Roper.
- How I Weaseled My Way Into a Class for the Whole Semester and Successfully Killed the One-Shot. Adriana Parker and Cassie Power.
- Grants, Partners & Outreach – Oh My! Nyssa Fleig, Telesa Nicholes, and Liesl Seborg.
- Refugees in Utah: Collaborating with Partners to Welcome New Neighbors Aden Batar, Nyssa Fleig, Caren Frost, Erica Lake, and Safi Safiullah.
Spring 2016 (aka “The Year of Outreach Presentations!”) :
- Meeting Utah’s Diverse Needs Through Programming. Heather Novotny and David Bird.
- Developing Campus and Community Relationships for Introverts: How to make important connections and allies for your library even if you hate talking to people. Catherine Soehner.
- Principles of Social Media. Andrew Shaw and Katherine Torres.
- Exhibitions to Engage your Community. John Bramble, Claire Hamasu and Jessica Whetman.
- MS Buddy: Opening Doors for Utah Multiple Sclerosis Patients through a Personalized iPad Lending Program. Casey Cox, Erica Lake, Katie Larsen, and Liesl Seborg.
- The Opposite of Outreach: Using your library to connect services to the community. Tia Allred, Jennifer Fay, Matt McLain, and Raquel Wood.
- Special Collections Outreach via Library Instruction to First Year Engineering Students. Jessica Breiman and Dale Larsen.
- Library Services in Latin America and Utah: Applying lessons learned abroad in library outreach and collections. Stephanie Anderson and David Bird.
- To Connect and Serve: Building community with law enforcement. Jennifer Fay, Trish Hull, Vern Waters and Melissa Wayman.
- Preconference! Library Outreach & Collaboration: An effective model for community engagement. Peter Bromberg, Johns Spears, Juan Tomas Lee, Liesl Seborg.
- Outside the (TRAX) Lines: Providing Library Services on Public Transit. Wanda Huffaker and Jessie McKinney
- Local Connections: Creating a Community Librarians’ Association. Pamela Martin, Joseph Anderson, Robert Shupe, Anna Hedrich, Liz Woolcott, Shawn Bliss and Puanani Mateaki.
- Latino Outreach at the Grassroots Level: Success with a Latino Advisory Council. Robert Shupe, Sherrie Mortensen, Zinthia Acevedo, and Nadia Benitez.
- Minding the Gap: How the Ben Franklin Effect Can Transform Staffing Limitations into Powerful Library Advocacy. Adam Winger.
- Outreach Statue of Liberty Style: Panel presentation.