Organizations that provide outreach support:
- ALA’s Office for Literacy and Outreach Services
- PLA’s Community Engagement & Outreach
- Library Outreach (Utah State Library Division)
- National Library Outreach Day
- Association of Bookmobile and Outreach Services
- A Step by Step Guide to ‘Turning Outward’ in Your Community (American Library Association)
ULA Conference Presentations:
- What’s Next? How Your Library Can Work Shoulder-to-Shoulder with Your Community (Preconference). Adriane Herrick Juarez, Sam Passey, and Carrie Valdes.
- Quiero Ayudar Hablo un Poquito an Incentivized Staff Spanish Program. Carla Gordon and Joella Peterson. (Lessons uploaded)
- Building Creative Communities How Small and Rural Libraries Can Contribute To Economic Development and Civic Pride across Utah. Juan Tomás Lee Morales, Kerri Nakamura, Natalie Petersen and Roger Roper.
- How I Weaseled My Way Into a Class for the Whole Semester and Successfully Killed the One-Shot. Adriana Parker and Cassie Power.
- Grants, Partners & Outreach – Oh My! Nyssa Fleig, Telesa Nicholes, and Liesl Seborg.
- Refugees in Utah: Collaborating with Partners to Welcome New Neighbors Aden Batar, Nyssa Fleig, Caren Frost, Erica Lake, and Safi Safiullah.
Spring 2016 (aka “The Year of Outreach Presentations!”) :
- Meeting Utah’s Diverse Needs Through Programming. Heather Novotny and David Bird.
- Developing Campus and Community Relationships for Introverts: How to make important connections and allies for your library even if you hate talking to people. Catherine Soehner.
- Principles of Social Media. Andrew Shaw and Katherine Torres.
- Exhibitions to Engage your Community. John Bramble, Claire Hamasu and Jessica Whetman.
- MS Buddy: Opening Doors for Utah Multiple Sclerosis Patients through a Personalized iPad Lending Program. Casey Cox, Erica Lake, Katie Larsen, and Liesl Seborg.
- Special Collections Outreach via Library Instruction to First Year Engineering Students. Jessica Breiman and Dale Larsen.
- Library Services in Latin America and Utah: Applying lessons learned abroad in library outreach and collections. Stephanie Anderson and David Bird.
- Preconference! Library Outreach & Collaboration: An effective model for community engagement. Peter Bromberg, Johns Spears, Juan Tomas Lee, Liesl Seborg.
- Outside the (TRAX) Lines: Providing Library Services on Public Transit. Wanda Huffaker and Jessie McKinney
- Local Connections: Creating a Community Librarians’ Association. Pamela Martin, Joseph Anderson, Robert Shupe, Anna Hedrich, Liz Woolcott, Shawn Bliss and Puanani Mateaki.
- Latino Outreach at the Grassroots Level: Success with a Latino Advisory Council. Robert Shupe, Sherrie Mortensen, Zinthia Acevedo, and Nadia Benitez.
- Minding the Gap: How the Ben Franklin Effect Can Transform Staffing Limitations into Powerful Library Advocacy. Adam Winger.