Support ULA Advocacy Efforts: Join Utah Cultural Alliance at a Special Library Rate
We have negotiated a substantial discount for libraries and we are asking all libraries to become an organizational member of the Utah Cultural Alliance (UCA).
The Cost? Only $25/FTE, with a cap of $2000 per library. For most libraries the cost will be the equivalent to a rounding error in your budget — but the combined impact of libraries across Utah joining as UCA members will be significant!
UCA SUPPORTS LIBRARIES IN UTAH
As you know, UCA has been providing lobbying and consulting on behalf of ULA. In 2022-2023 we expect to see anti-library and/or pro-censorship bills, which means we foresee a continuing need for a robust lobbying effort. Having individual libraries join UCA, in addition to ULA’s membership, will help to strengthen our position and provide resources to UCA to help us succeed.
We also want to be proactive this year in advocating for the State Library’s budget priorities, and any additional bills that we put forth such as a bill to require school librarians, and a bill to level the playing field for libraries buying ebooks. Last year UCA provided significant support in helping to get approval for 750K for libraries/broadband as well as a new library specialist position at USBE – a key position given the book challenges and lack of certified teacher librarians in schools.
MANY MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS (downloadable flier )
Your Library will also be the recipient of many benefits, including benefits and discounts — and will be well-positioned to network and partner with arts and culture organizational leaders from across the state.
- ADVOCACY/LOBBYING BENEFITS
- UCA advocates on behalf of libraries to elected officials (a $5,000 value)
- Member-only policy updates and alerts (a $1,000 value)
- Access to economic data, including State of UT Culture report and CHMURA JobsEQ! (a $7,200value)
- UCA staff present to your key stakeholders about the legislative session and/or economic impact data once per year (a $300 value)
- TRAINING/EVENTS BENEFITS
- Free admission to convenings & networking opportunities (a $100 value per employee)
- Free admission to lobby days
- Discounted admission to the cultural industry annual conference: Culture Connect
- Individualized consulting for strategic plans, branding, fundraising, efficiency tools/audit, increased lobbying, technical assistance is available at a discounted rate
- MARKETING BENEFITS
- Events included on the Utah Office of Tourism website (a $100 value)
- 20% discount on advertising rates for NowPlayingUtah.com (NPU); NPU receives 1.3 million unique visitors
annually. This is a typical savings of over $200/year.
- Member’s news, events, and more advertised to UCA/NPU followers through email and social media, 40,000 combined followers. (a $500 value)
- SEO listing on UCA website and NowPlayingUtah.com
- DISCOUNTS/TOOLS BENEFITS
- 15% discount on Creative Businesses program for your Library
- 30% off discount off your first year to Artwork Archive, a cloud-based art inventory program ideal for museums, collectors, and artists.
- 20% off discount on advertising rates for NowPlayingUtah.com (NPU) with over 1 million unique users
- GIVE BACK advertising program on NowPlayingUtah.com for 50% off select advertising
- Inclusion in industry-related campaigns such as the recent NowPlayingUtah.com campaign.