The mission of the Diversity Services Round Table of the Utah Library Association is to promote inclusivity, equity, and diversity in our profession and association.
Goal 1: Communication and Promotion
Librarians may use the Diversity Services Round Table website to learn about providing equitable library services to everyone. The website will be updated with information about relevant training opportunities and resources.
Summary of Objectives: The Diversity Services Round Table leadership will use the website to communicate with members and librarians. The website will be used to promote the Diversity Services Round Table, recruit members and leadership, and share valuable resources on diversity, equity, and inclusion in library services.
Goal 2: Training, Programming, and Initiatives
The Diversity Services Round Table will advocate for and promote training and development opportunities at the ULA Annual Conference.
Summary of Objectives: The Diversity Services Round Table leadership will encourage members to lead and attend training and conference sessions focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion within librarianship.
Join the Diversity Services Round Table
1. Login to your Wild Apricot account.
2. Click on your name in the top right hand corner to view your profile.
3. Click on the “Edit profile” button.
4. Under the “Round Tables” section, check the box next to “DSRT- Diversity Services Round Table”.
5. Click “Save”.
Do you have a multicultural or diversity event coming up?
We would love to hear about it and showcase it here. Contact one of our officers.
For a broad idea of what’s happening around Utah subscribe to the Utah Office of Multicultural Affairs’ newsletter.
Around the Salt Lake Valley, check out the Salt Lake County Office of Diversity community calendar.
- Co-Chair: Chaundra Johnson, Utah State Library Divisionemail@example.com
- Co-Chair: Katie Wegner, Summit County Libraryfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary: Jennifer McKague, Salt Lake County Libraryemail@example.com