Organizations that provide outreach support:
Library Outreach (Utah State Library Division)
You should be. Lots of great ideas and discussion taking place there for all kinds of libraries.
Thank you to those who participated in the Outreach Survey conducted in the Fall of 2014! We had 92 participants!
ULA Conference Presentations:
Spring 2016 (aka “The Year of Outreach Presentations!”) :
- Meeting Utah’s Diverse Needs Through Programming. Heather Novotny and David Bird.
- Developing Campus and Community Relationships for Introverts: How to make important connections and allies for your library even if you hate talking to people. Catherine Soehner.
- Principles of Social Media. Andrew Shaw and Katherine Torres.
- Exhibitions to Engage your Community. John Bramble, Claire Hamasu and Jessica Whetman.
- MS Buddy: Opening Doors for Utah Multiple Sclerosis Patients through a Personalized iPad Lending Program. Casey Cox, Erica Lake, Katie Larsen, and Liesl Seborg.
- The Opposite of Outreach: Using your library to connect services to the community. Tia Allred, Jennifer Fay, Matt McLain, and Raquel Wood.
- Special Collections Outreach via Library Instruction to First Year Engineering Students. Jessica Breiman and Dale Larsen.
- Library Services in Latin America and Utah: Applying lessons learned abroad in library outreach and collections. Stephanie Anderson and David Bird.
- To Connect and Serve: Building community with law enforcement. Jennifer Fay, Trish Hull, Vern Waters and Melissa Wayman.
- Preconference! Library Outreach & Collaboration: An effective model for community engagement. Peter Bromberg, Johns Spears, Juan Tomas Lee, Liesl Seborg.
- Outside the (TRAX) Lines: Providing Library Services on Public Transit. Wanda Huffaker and Jessie McKinney
- Local Connections: Creating a Community Librarians’ Association. Pamela Martin, Joseph Anderson, Robert Shupe, Anna Hedrich, Liz Woolcott, Shawn Bliss and Puanani Mateaki.
- Latino Outreach at the Grassroots Level: Success with a Latino Advisory Council. Robert Shupe, Sherrie Mortensen, Zinthia Acevedo, and Nadia Benitez.
- Minding the Gap: How the Ben Franklin Effect Can Transform Staffing Limitations into Powerful Library Advocacy. Adam Winger.
- Outreach Statue of Liberty Style: Panel presentation.