The Outreach Committee was created in 2013 under the ULA presidency of Trish Hull.
The Outreach Committee was continued for the 2014-2015 term under the ULA presidency of Pamela Martin.
The Outreach Committee was continued for the 2015-2016 term under the ULA presidency of Dustin Fife.
The outreach Committee continues for the 2016-2017 term under the ULA presidency of Jami Munk Carter.
The Outreach Committee is charged with promoting best practices for community outreach and programming among Utah libraries. It will create networking and continuing education opportunities for library staff involved in outreach and collect and make available marketing materials for use by Utah libraries. This was an ad hoc committee that was operated for one year, and a recommendation to membership about being formed as a standing committee based on the need for outreach support was made.
Designated Committee activities:
- Collect and promote outstanding examples of community outreach programming in Utah Libraries, through developing a new ULA Outreach Award. (This was accomplished in the 2013-2014 cycle.)
- Create outreach web pages with programming examples, success stories, and templates that can be re-purposed by Utah libraries.
- Create networking and mentoring opportunities for Utah librarians engaged in outreach. (ongoing)
- Create and promote programming centered on outreach at ULA conferences. (ongoing)
- Survey ULA membership to gauge demand for outreach support. (Completed October 2014)
Present Chair: Liesl Seborg, Salt Lake County Library Services, email@example.com
2014-2017 Chair: Liesl Seborg, Salt Lake County Library Services, firstname.lastname@example.org