If you know of a situation where such an opportunity is being withheld or obstructed, especially in regard to Utah libraries, please contact the committee Chair or Vice-Chair listed below.
Inform yourself and those around you!
We rely on librarians, educators, and the public to report censorship. If you have encountered censorship and book challenges in your library or school, please help us by using ALA’s simplified challenge reporting form at http://www.ala.org/tools/challengesupport/report.
Banned Books Week 2016 – Be a Hero, Write the Story
The Intellectual Freedom Committee is pleased to announce the winner of their Banned Book promotion “Be a Hero, Write the Story”. Heather Buhler is an employee of Salt Lake County Library Services and will be finishing her MLS at the end of this year. Her story titled By Any Other Name reminds us that heroes are ordinary people, and that all of us need to be ever vigilant in defending the freedom to read. Congratulations to Heather. by-any-other-name
Utah’s submission to ALA’s 50 State Salute to Banned Books Week!
Chair: Wanda Mae Huffaker, Librarian, Salt Lake County Library Services, (801) 842-9178, firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice-Chair: Mindy Hale, Librarian, Orem Public Library, (801) 229-7145, email@example.com
Secretary: Olivia Wilkinson, Cataloger, Orem Public Library, (801) 2297465, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kimberly Albro, email@example.com
- Shawn Bliss, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dan Compton, email@example.com
- Dustin Fife, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mindy Hale, email@example.com
- Wanda M. Huffaker, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Patricia Hull, email@example.com
- John Ingersoll, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Matt McLain, email@example.com
- Allyson Mower, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Heather Novotny, email@example.com
- Safi Safiullah, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Flora Shrode, email@example.com
- Catherine Soehner, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Peter Vanderhooft, email@example.com
- Vern Waters, firstname.lastname@example.org