If you know of a situation where such an opportunity is being withheld or obstructed, especially in regard to Utah libraries, please contact the committee Chair or Vice-Chair listed below.
Inform yourself and those around you!
Banned Books Week 2016 – Be a Hero, Write the Story
The Intellectual Freedom Committee is pleased to announce the winner of their Banned Book promotion “Be a Hero, Write the Story”. Heather Buhler is an employee of Salt Lake County Library Services and will be finishing her MLS at the end of this year. Her story titled By Any Other Name reminds us that heroes are ordinary people, and that all of us need to be ever vigilant in defending the freedom to read. Congratulations to Heather. by-any-other-name
Utah’s submission to ALA’s 50 State Salute to Banned Books Week!
Chair: Wanda Mae Huffaker, Librarian, Salt Lake County Library Services, (801) 944-7551, email@example.com
Vice-Chair: Steven Irving, Assistant Professor & Electronic Resources Librarian, Southern Utah University, (435) 586-5480, firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary: Olivia Wilkinson, Circulation Supervisor, Utah Valley University, 801.863.6844, email@example.com
Social Media Coordinator: Marinda Keller, Salt Lake County Library Services, (801) 943-4636, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Angie Wager, email@example.com
- Brienne Coombs, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dustin Fife, email@example.com
- Danae Leu, firstname.lastname@example.org
- David Bird, email@example.com
- Jessica Whetman, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mauricio Aguilera, email@example.com
- Peter Vanderhooft, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phil Roche, email@example.com
- Puanani Mateaki, Puanani.Mateaki@stevenshenager.edu
- Shawn Bliss, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stephanie Tilt, email@example.com
- Victoria Young Burns, firstname.lastname@example.org