Salt Lake City, Utah USA Feb 4-5, 2014
Organized and sponsored by the IFLA Newspapers Section and FamilySearch
The IFLA Newspapers Section is currently seeking papers on or about marketing online newspaper content, text mining, users of newspaper content, and use of news content for research purposes for its upcoming conference. In addition papers focused on the theme of Start Spreading the News, sub-themes on the following topics are being sought:
- • Use of social media, such as Facebook, Twitter, news blogs, Flickr, etc.to expose news and news content to users
- • Emerging research methodologies in using news and news content
- • Text mining newspapers and news content
- • Technologies used in text mining and in the presentation of mined data
- • Case studies of statistical and word patterns research planned or underway of mined news content
- • Traditional research underway in using digitized newspaper collections
- • Users’ experiences with digitized newspaper collections
- • Usability expectations
- • Other paper topics relevant to the main conference theme will also be considered
Salt Lake City, UT 84150
The light rail system can take you from the airport to the Salt Lake Marriott Downtown Hotel and other locations.
Get off TRAX/Light Rail at the Temple Square Station.
See also the “703 Rider Tips” which apply to all of the rail systems.
The Salt Lake City International Airport website also has transportation details for rental cars, taxis, shuttles, and limousine service.
For more information please visit: