Goals for 2011/2012
- Create an online resource for sharing and archiving information about new technologies in technical services
- Provide opportunities for discussion of how to handle budget cuts in tech services
- Sponsor and coordinate at least two relevant programs for the 2012 ULA Annual Conference
- UALC Collaboration:
- Develop a list of best practices for achieving bibliographic control over e-book collections in Utah–one that is flexible enough for libraries of all types and sizes, while still providing adequate guidance.
- Coordinating the implementation of RDA in Utah. Some libraries have already begun, but will we all want be ready to get going by the time the national libraries begin? What will implementation mean and how can we help each other prepare? Are our systems ready for the change?